First Opinion is here for your everyday health concerns. Ask anything, no question is too small. Here are some common questions our doctors get.
- Illness & Injury
- Mental Health
- Emotional Health
- Child Development
- Unexpected Pregnancy
- Sleep Training
- Birth Control
- Vaginal Discharge
- I have had a cough and runny nose for quite a while, can these be allergies?
- Can you suggest something for allergies that won’t make me feel so sleepy?
- Can I take an allergy medicine when I am pregnant/breast-feeding?
- My baby has an ear ache and runny nose, what can I do for her?
- Do you know anything about nut allergies? My son is really allergic.
- I think my toddler has a slight milk allergy. What should I do about it?
- My baby just started some new food and has had several green, loose stool diapers. Should I be worried?
- Do you have any tips on getting babies to go to bed on their own?
- How does the morning after pill work?
- What birth controls are available and what are their side effects?
- I missed my birth control pill today, what should I do now?
- I got the Mirena IUD and have been bleeding off and on for the last two weeks. Is this normal?
- Is it true that I will have trouble conceiving after getting off the Depo shot?
- I don't want hormonal contraception, do I have any other options?
- I took some antibiotics recently, would that decrease the effectiveness of my birth control?
- I have been on pills regularly and missed my period. Could I be pregnant?
- My husband and I use the pull out method, any chance I can be pregnant?
- My son refuses to latch on properly and pulls back after only a short time. Is he going hungry?
- I feel like I am not producing enough, how can I increase my milk supply?
- My baby has been spitting up a lot. Is there something wrong?
- How can I know if the amount of milk I produce is sufficient for my baby?
- There’s a lump on my breast. What could it be?
- I've stopped breastfeeding my son, now how do I stop the milk supply?
- My 3-month-old has been crying for 3 hours straight. What could be wrong?
- Why is my baby not sleeping well?
- My toddler has been throwing things, how do I deal with that?
- My teenage son is being very unsociable and aloof these days. How do I talk to him?
- My child is having a hard time concentrating, how do I know if he has ADHD?
- My son has a really bad barking cough, what should I do?
- My child has diarrhea and has been vomiting. What can I do?
- My son has a rash and just developed a fever. Should I be worried?
- I haven't been able to get pregnant even on my fertile days. Is there something wrong with me?
- When is the best time to try to conceive?
- How do I know when I ovulate?
- Any natural suggestions to help boost my fertility and my husband's sperm count?
- I've been diagnosed with ovarian cysts, will I ever be able to have a baby?
- I had a miscarriage last year, what are the chances that I will have another?
- How soon can I get pregnant after stopping contraception?
- I have PCOS, can I get pregnant?
- What does it mean if you are peeing blood?
- What is the best way to get rid of the flu?
- I have a lot of pain when I try to make a bowel movement and I have some bleeding there too. What should I do?
- I've been having joint aches, a sore throat, and stomach pain with diarrhea. Could it be the flu?
- I'm recovering from a broken ankle. Anything that I can do to help the recovery go well?
- What medications are safe to give my baby?
- What can I take to relieve my headaches?
- I missed doses of an antibiotic, what should I do?
- I have been very stressed lately at work and can't seem to sleep at night. Any tips?
- My husband is not being very supportive and I feel overwhelmed with the new baby. What should I do?
- I am not feeling as loving towards my newborn as I thought I should. What is wrong with me?
- I am always tired and depressed. What can I do to feel better?
- I'm having a lot of stress and anxiety and can't sleep because of it.
- I have been having anxiety attacks regularly, what can I do to prevent them?
- My 2 year old does not show any interest at all in consuming food. We always have to force feed her. She doesn't eat much but looks healthy and is very active. Is there any way to increase her appetite?
- What should I be eating in order to lose weight
- I have been getting pain in one of my hips. Is there anything I can do to help it?
- How can I shed the extra pounds I gained during my pregnancy?
- I had my baby boy around 4 weeks ago, but I am still having pinkish discharge. Is that normal?
- I feel sad, and my husband says I have been behaving differently. Why do I feel this way?
- How soon can I have sex after child birth?
- Is castor oil safe for inducing pregnancy?
- Can I still get a period when I am pregnant?
- How much weight should I gain during my pregnancy?
- What foods should I stay away from while pregnant?
- I have been getting morning sickness in the second trimester. Is that normal?
- I am sad and want this pregnancy to be over already. Is that normal?
- How soon can I feel the baby moving?
- How will I know when true contractions start?
- I started getting some pinkish discharge yesterday and I am 8 weeks pregnant. Is it something to worry about?
- I haven't had a period in 3 months and I took 3 negative tests, any ideas of what could be going on?
- I missed my period this month. The pregnancy test says negative. Should I repeat the test?
- Which are more accurate, urine or blood pregnancy tests?
- Is it possible to have false positive urine test? What should I do to confirm the pregnancy?
- How soon can I take a pregnancy test after missing my period?
- I've had one positive pregnancy test, and three negative ones...What does that mean?
- My child has been itching terribly. Is there something I can do to make it better?
- My son has been getting a lot of diaper rashes, what am I doing wrong?
- My one-year-old is teething and nothing I have tried seems to help. What can I do?
- Is it safe to give my baby medicine for teething?
- My vagina has been itching and I’ve noticed some thick discharge lately. What’s going on?
- I have a foul smelling discharge down there, help!
- I always have lots of vaginal discharge. Is that normal?
- I get repeat yeast infections. How can I stop this?
- I noticed some bumps near my vagina that are painful to touch, what these can be?
- I have pain and bleeding after intercourse, is that bad?
- I have a burning sensation when I pee. Could it be a urinary infection or an STD?
- Is it okay to have sex during my period? Can I get pregnant?
- I have been having irregular periods for the last few months, what could be the reason?
- When will my period return to normal after giving birth/breastfeeding?
- I get terrible cramps on my period, can you suggest something to ease the pain?
- My right breast is leaking yellow/creamish liquid. It has been happening for almost 3ish months. What could be going on?
- I have not been able to concieve due to my irregular cycles. What can I do to regulate them?